This is my journey exploring and discovering things that are lovely***

Some of my thoughts, challenges, prayers, projects, adventures, sniffles, giggles and experiences.









Friday, January 16, 2015

falling in love...

Recently I have decided that I don't like the idea of falling in love... In fact I am wholly jolly well darn scared out of my socks of this idea.  This doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.  The in's and out's, the pro's and con's and of coarse the risk...

Firstly I don't like the idea of falling in love because who actually likes the act of physically falling? So who would like the act of emotionally falling?  This means being out of control-no thank you! I'll pass.  Sounds a lot like risk.  Falling alludes to losing your dignity.  Going with gravity and without much mental comprehension or self control.  Sounds a lot like something that happens when you're not being careful. 

In my experience not being careful leads to a sore head, heart or ass.  But I mean who out there doesn't want to be loved? Surely everyone does and so we take the risk, we risk losing our dignity, we overcome our fear of perhaps looking ridiculous.  I would like to offer an alternative to those who still find the idea of 'falling in love' too risky.  On the menu I would like to offer you the option of finding yourself in love.  This does not mean that you end up the lonely cat lady but instead you find yourself attracting the same lovely kind of people like yourself.  You make loving (long term minded) decision after another to include and allow other loving people into your life and look what you have... your best friend now becomes your lover.  This option is low in calories (not so many binge break-ups), high in carbs (solid substance) and meaty conversation.  All jokes aside it seems a lot like a less irrational approach and high in rewards and satisfaction.

However if this still doesn't ease your fear and or pain try this article out.

lots of love,
hopeful romantic
Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment